Posted by PetCentral on February 22, 2012
The Cat Welfare Society (CWS) has launched its first-ever social media campaign "Better With A Cat". in January this year to create awareness of the benefits of cat ownership and to increase the adoption of cats.
Fareena Omar, President of CWS says, "There are many homeless or rescued cats that deserve a second chance at life in a loving home. Through this campaign approach, we hope to reach potential cat owners and make them think about whether they have room in their home and the heart to adopt a cat."
Hosted on CWS's Facebook page, "Better With A Cat" features video testimonials from satisfied cat owners Melody Chen and Lee Amizadaiof (owner of Duke Orange) as well as light-hearted webisodes that portray owners of unsuitable "pets".
The "Better With A Cat" campaign was produced as a charity project by media agency MediaCom Singapore and creative agency Daydream, in collaboration with sponsors Wildfire and Iams.
Remember, if you are interested in adopting a cat, make sure it's for life!
About Cat Welfare Society
The CWS is a charity run almost entirely by volunteers. Its aim is to improve the welfare of community cats in Singapore. All community cats deserve compassion and protection, and it believes that sterilisation is the humane and effective way to control the cats' population. For more information about CWS, please visit their website at http://www.catwelfare.org/.
Posted by PetCentral on February 17, 2012
Date: 25 February 2012, Saturday
Time: 8am to 5pm
Venue: Chong Pang Community Club Hall, 21 Yishun Ring Road, S768677
Come to the event for...
- A public forum with Grassroots Adviser, Mr K Shanmugam, Minister for Foreign Affairs, Minister for Law and MP for Nee Soon GRC (Chong Pang).
- Presentations and Q&A sessions held by animal protection orgnisations on a range of issues including Humane Domestic Animal Management, Tackling Wildlife Crime and Addressing Zoo Animal Welfare Concerns.
- A presentation from the Agri-Food & Veterinary Authority (AVA) about safeguarding the welfare of animals in Singapore.
- An update on the recommendations raised at the First Public Forum on Animal Welfare Policies in 2011.
- An exhibition area with booths from over 15 organisations.
To register, please visit ACRES' website at http://www.acres.org.sg/events/register.html.
Please register early as places are limited and on a first-come-first-served basis. Complementary lunch and refreshments will be provided for all registered participants.
We hope to see you at the event! When you do, please also visit our booth to learn more about what Responsible Pet Ownership entails. We also have attractive goody bags to give away!
Posted by PetCentral on February 15, 2012
Love was in the air yesterday as some of us celebrated Valentine's Day with the special people in our lives.
Have you forgotten your pet Waggy, Kitty or Floppy? Fret not! Everyday can be a day devoted to the ones we love as long as we treasure it. Let this be another special day filled with love and all things sweet!
Here are some ideas to get you started on this special day with your pet:
- Be home early. Have a little more time with your pet.
- Get the brushes ready and give your pet a quick makeover as you spend time together. Likewise, your pet will return all these with lots of licks and nuzzles.
- Go for a walk as you always do but try a different route this time. Together, discover something new in your neighbourhood that you may not have known.
- Get a new toy for your pet! Play together and be impressed by how adorable your pet has always been.
- Prepare some yummy homemade treats! You can check out some interesting and simple recipes for dogs online. For cats, you may want to steam a piece of good, fresh chicken fillet just for this special occasion. Herbivoures like rabbits can perhaps enjoy some new fresh hay, or a piece more of that carrot to sweeten up this day.
- If you're a dog owner, you may even want to bring your pet out to a pet-friendly restaurant!
- Finish this special day by telling your pet how much you've enjoyed his company and having him as a pet.
We hope you will have a memorable time with your pet! The next issue of i-Pet e-newsletter (April 2012), we're exploring the theme of Pets: A lifelong commitment and companion. If you have done something with/for your pet this V-Day or make today a special day for you and your pet, why don't you share your story and some photos with us? Email our editor at email@example.com.